Tuesday 22 December 2015

Favourites of 2015

As we near the end of the year one of my favourite things to do is reflect. I can't lie and tell you this year has been amazing, because it really hasn't. I'd go as far as to say it has been one of our shittest years to date since having children. Yet when I flick through our photo albums the pictures don't portray that. Its funny how in a single millisecond you can capture a smile but behind the scenes there is heart ache, stress, anger and grief over things that haven't even left our lives. And that is the beauty of photography. Those seconds, minutes, hours, that we are going through so much anger, the children are still nose-scrunchy-smiling and carrying on their care free lives and we have that all recorded. And when I think about it that way, I pat myself on the back and give myself 10 parenting points this year for not letting it all get to them as much as I have let it all bother myself.

So lets turn this around and look at all of those smiles and how much they have made this year soo much happier than it would've been had we not had the absolute pleasure of having them in our lives.

Scrunchy noses, sun kissed cheeks and eye squinting smiles are all part of our year this year and here are my favourite photos to round things up. They are not fancy, massively photoshopped or arty. Just a little bit of us in a lot of photos.

2016, we are ready for you now. With open arms and open hearts. Please don't let us down!

(Warning - Grab a cuppa before you scroll, it's a long one!!)

Char x

www.charlotterawlesphotography.co.uk




















No comments:

Post a Comment