Monday 5 October 2015

September Favourites

So I did write an August favourites last month and totally forgot to post it, so here are my September favourites instead! Quite love reading and watching other people's favourites posts and videos so i'm excited to share mine with you!

Lets get cracking!

Make up

I have found a new love of make up over the past 6 months. I've always enjoyed wearing make up but never really used much or knew what I was doing to be honest. I started watching stacks of tutorials on YouTube and from there my relationship with make up blossomed! (loooooser.) I have NEVER been a lipstick type either but I could now do a whole monthly favourites on lipsticks.


First up is this little sample pot of Benefit High Beam luminescent complexion enhancer. Basically a liquid highlighter for your cheeks or anywhere you want to look glowy! I got this in my Birch box last month and didn't open it for a few days, but I absolutely LOVE it and its definitely gone on my list of make up to purchase very soon. It comes with a little brush on the end of the lid that you brush onto the top of your cheek bones or brow bone after you have done all your make up. Rub it in with your ring finger and it leaves the most beautiful pinky tint glow. Its honestly so so pretty!


Next in line is a Rimmel lipstick. Number 08. It is absolutely divine. I have had it a couple of months now and its nearly run out, it really has been worn to death! Its beautiful for all seasons and you just can't go wrong with a Rimmel lippy. Its on the dark side of a pinky nude but I really can't wear anything much lighter than this so its perfect for inbetween seasons. It has a hint of brown rather than pink which for me is great, I'm really not a pink girl!



Another make up favourite has got to be this Rimmel eyeshadow primer. I have never in my life worn a primer for anything. On a whim whilst doing a feelunique order it came up on a deal so I put it in my basket not really getting that excited about it. I used it a few days after it arrived and I could not get over how much more pigmented my shadow was and how much easier it went on, AND how long it lasted too! Anyone wondering whether its worth it buying a primer, IT IS. Go buy one. I am not sure if this one is good as far as primers go but at a bargain £3.74 you can't go wrong.



Home

We re decorated our lounge at the beginning of this year and I am slowly adding all the little bits that make it more homely. I am obsessed with copper and the colour scheme of the room is grey and white so copper goes beautifully. I bought these little tea light holders in Dunelm Mill at the end of July and I abso love them. They are so cute and the black on the outside really breaks up the white and grey too. At £3.49 each they are a steal!



I have also been loving this throw from the home range at Sainsburys. It had a 1/3 off at the beginning of August and it was reduced to £9. It is so soft and a really good size too. There is nothing worse than a blanket or throw that doesn't fully cover you up! The kids are always snuggling underneath it and the tassel ends really finish it off. I love the little bit of colour it brings to the room too.



Music

We are a household slightly obsessed with music. If we are at home we have something blaring out of our wireless speakers and in the car the radio is always on and loud! Nothing beats a good boogie in the kitchen after dinner and this is a regular occurrence in our house. It only seemed fitting that I write down a favourite song of the month.

Jamie Lawson - I wasn't expecting that. He is the first artist to sign onto Ed Sheerans new label, Gingerbread Man Records and I absolutely loove his tone! Go have a listen, and a cry.


That is all for this month and I promise next month to be more seasonly and slightly more interesting. ;)

Char x






No comments:

Post a Comment