Saturday 24 October 2015

Being a parent is HARD

I know I am stating the obvious, but i'm feeling it more so than normal lately. I went through a phase of finding it, dare I say it, easy. I sit and think of my life with 1 child, even 2 and I definitely didn't appreciate how easy it was compared to how things are now. It isn't that Elsie is a nightmare, well... I think it's more that they are more time consuming now. I always assumed as they got older it would get easier. In actual fact it is the complete opposite. And life seems to have thrown everything at us the past few months as well as having children that REALLY need us right now.

It is just different. Different in that they need me in a different way, they need my attention for different reasons but also my emotional support. Friendships, nightmares or dealing with new situations. They really need me right now. Right at a time when I really need some space.

Quite frankly, it is HARD.

I guess what I am trying to say is SINGLE MUMS, YOU ARE INCREDIBLE!
YOU ROCK.
YOU ARE AWESOME.

Joe has been working a lot the past month, I didn't realise how much I relied on him. I think the constant me being Mum is taking its toll on us all. When it is just one person making all the rules, being the one that hurries them along to school or makes them tidy up before dinner, it becomes wearing on not only me but the kids too. I think they have learnt to block me out which means my noise levels get higher and higher the more they don't listen.

ALL HAIL THE SINGLE MUMS, YOU ARE AMAZING!!

I don't want this to be a 'my life is bloody hard' post. It actually isn't when I look at the wider scale. It's just good to let it out, and I don't want to write a happy smiley post when actually i'm finding things tough.

So I feel like we have reached a new chapter of our life. The chapter that you skim through really fast to move onto the next one. It is going to be busy and stressful and amazing. It is going to test our patience, it is going to push every boundary and every limit will be reached as I embark on a 5 year journey to (hopefully) become a midwife. After going to an open day and getting just the tiniest taste of whats to come, I am so pumped! I feel like this is what I need to do, it's my calling! cringe.

#allthefeels

And all whilst this is happening, I want to enjoy the children so much! I hate how grown up they are becoming and everyone around us is announcing pregnancies or planning the next one and i'm over here all 'JESUS CHRIST THIS TIME NEXT YEAR I WILL BE ALL ALONE AT HOME AND ALL MY BABIES WILL BE AT SCHOOL. FML.' I need to soak up the next 2 years before uni (hopefully!) and appreciate every school run, every time I sit and watch them in their swimming lesson or go and enjoy both sittings of the nativity. I need to soak it aaaalll up so I don't regret a thing.

This means PICTURES of course! Here are some of our latest festive inspired photos.

Enjoy!

Char x








No comments:

Post a Comment